Taeyeon opens up about her struggles with depression


Article: Taeyeon: "suffering from depression...trying to heal with medication"

Source: Sports Chosun

Girl Generation's Taeyeon has confessed to depression.

Taeyeon had an impromptu Q&A with fans on Instagram on the16th via Instagram Stories. A fan asked her "whether she has been well" and she replied "no." Another fan asked her why she hasn't uploaded to her Instagram lately and she replied saying, "I was a bit sick for a while so please understand why I refrained."

Another fan asked her "do you bipolar disorder? tsk tsk" and she replied "no" but admitted she was struggling with depression. She continued, "I'm diligently getting medical treatment and trying to become better. Whether it's bipolar disorder or depression, don't tsk tsk at people. Like someone said previously, it's disrespectful. They're all patients who are hurting."

Fans then sent her lots of supportive messages and Taeyeon replied, "It's really comforting to be able to openly communicate with you all. Thank you. Thank you so much for listening to the song. I was able to get some power after talking with you. I'll be fine, I'm sorry to have worried you but I think it's one of the processes of getting to know each other more. I'll try to take better care of myself. I can't thank you enough."

Snippet from Taeyeon's Instagram stories

  1. [+193, -7] You have to have a strong mentality to be a celebrity [sigh]
  2. [+107, -4] What's with all the malicious comments on this article...just go~~
  3. [+97, -4] Cheer up! they say this is no big deal but I hope you know that there are more people who love Taeyeon. 
  4. [+65, -3] I'm a fan and I'm crying. I hope you get better.
  5. [+50, -1] Compared to her debut, I think she feels less intimidated now. She was so chubby and pretty before but she got a lot of hurts from nasty comments at the time so she must've gotten hurt.
  6. [+30, -0] I love the song. Please cheer up Taeyeon. Stay healthy and you'll feel nothing as time goes by..
  7. [+17, 0] I remember seeing other women on TV that watched her nail ad and they all said she looked like a doll. She was so pretty and bright. She was so adorable. It's sad. I hope you can become that bright person again. I'm rooting for you!
  8. [+12, -0] Everyone gets depressed as they get older. Celebrities that lived a flashy life even more so. Cheer up. Your fans will still love you...


admin

Virgo, Bingsu빙수, mint-chocolate ice cream, ramyun, tarts over cakes.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post