Prosecutors demand 3 yr prison sentence for B.I's drug charges

Article: B.I to be sentenced to 3 years in prison for drug allegations... Father's appeal in "tears"

Source: STAR News

Prosecutors have demanded a 3 year prison sentence for B.I (Kim Hanbin, 25)'s drug charges.

On the 27th, B.I's first trial was held at the Seoul Central District Court and the prosecutor demanded a 3 year prison sentence and ordered a 1.5 million won fine stating, "the accused smoked marijuana 3 times in March 2016 and April 2016 and purchased LSD at the end of April of the same year."

As to why they demanded prison sentence, prosecutors stated, "B.I has confessed to the crime but he's an entertainer loved by the public who gained enormous profits through activities after the crime."

B.I's lawyer stated, "He has admitted to his mistake and is deeply regretting and seriously reflecting on the fact that he caused a social scandal. At the time, he was just a young adult. Please take into account that he has no criminal record."

He added, "Since he debuted as a singer, he has been doing community service and various donation activities. In addition, he's trying to contribute to society such as doing a project to donate all his album profits. Please do him a favor so that he can continue to contribute."

In his final statement, B.I stated, "I admit to all the charges and I'm deeply reflecting. I made stupid mistakes in the past and broke the hearts of my family and many people. I spent time thinking that I didn't want to live and was able to look back on the past and look around me. I'll never make such a stupid mistake again. I want to reflect and look back on my actions so that it doesn't happen in the future. I know I'll never again be given another chance to protect those I want to protect. Please give me a chance to live as a person who can be forgiven."

At the request of his lawyer, B.I's father also directly appealed to the court in tears stating, "I'm sorry. I didn't teach and take care of my child well. It's my fault. I regret that I boasted about having a child that's living well. I'm immature as a parent and will take responsibility and protect him until the end."

When his father finished speaking, B.I was deeply bowing his head.

B.I's sentencing date is scheduled for September 10th. 

admin

Virgo, Bingsu빙수, mint-chocolate ice cream, ramyun, tarts over cakes.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post