April Chaewon's mother reveals Chaewon is "suicidal" + states Hyunjoo is avoiding investigations

watch_later

Article: April's Chae-won's mother, "Lee Hyun-Joo refused to provide evidence and is avoiding investigations...it's frustrating"

Source: OSEN

April Chaewon's mother had released a statement over alleged bullying.

On the 13th, April Chaewon's mother posted on SNS and wrote, "I raised my daughter with love and I'm not a polarizing mother that covers up my daughter's mistakes. I thought a lot before posting about whether this is the right thing to do for my daughter and whether this will cause further harm. However, as a mother, I couldn't just say to my daughter who's in pain and thinking of death to "be patient and truth will come out" so I wrote this and will tell you only the facts. Lee Hyun Joo is refusing to provide evidence of bullying and refusing to meet for face-to-face investigations."

After her statement, netizens called for Hyunjoo to "provide evidence" to prove "she was bullied" and many questioned "why she didn't submit to the police the text messages of blame she claimed to have received from April members' parents" from her statement earlier this year. 

On the 15th, Hyunjoo released a statement on her Instagram to address the claims and wrote:

Hello, this is Lee Hyun-joo.

Because this is an unpleasant subject for me and everyone listening and is not something that can be resolved right away, I'm trying not to say too much until investigations are over. However, many people are frustrated and sending messages to clarify the situation so I'm writing this despite having concerns.

First off, let me tell you the current situation. I'm responding to criminal cases where me, my family and acquaintances are being sued so I'm trying to submit as much material as I can find. Even after I posted my statement, I got even more lawsuits filed against me so the cases have increased too.

I'll briefly explain how the cases are going:
  • In my younger brother's case, even though his defamation charges were dropped, the complainant is dissatisfied and the prosecution is proceeding with the appeal.
  • Friend 1, her defamation charges were also dropped and the complainant appealed the decision but prosecutor’s office ultimately cleared her of all charges.
  • Friend 2 has been investigated by the police for defamation and is awaiting a decision.
  • I was further sued by DSP for obstruction of business and investigated by police and cleared of charges. 
  • April member A has further sued me for defamation through law firm B and this is still being investigated at police level.
  • April member C also sued me for defamation through the law firm D and this is still being investigated at police level. 
It’s true that because there are so many cases and the expenses are quite high, it’s very difficult and demanding. But I’m faithfully responding to the investigation and because many people are supporting me, I'll resolutely endure so that I can deliver good news.

In addition to this, here are a few things that many people have asked for clarification:
  • Regarding investigations, I have never refused a cross-examination, and I have never received a request for a cross-examination in relation to the case she's saying I refused.
  • As for medical records, I'm sorry, but I don't want to disclose them because these are sensitive things so I won't post them publicly. Please understand and since I submitted everything to the investigating authorities, if you wait, I will inform you of the results.
  • The criticism texts from the parents of April members were not directly related to the complaints filed by me, my younger brother, or my friends, so I did not submit them to the investigation agency. It is true that I and my family were hurt a lot when I received the text, but looking back, I think that the members' parents may have sent what they were thinking by texting. So I try not to disclose it, and if all the members of April ask for it together, I will disclose it, but I doubt and worry whether it is necessary.
  • My grandmother was in very poor health at the time of the tumbler incident and has since passed away. She wasn't able to recognize me at the time, but after hearing she couldn't come see me because I had to live in a dorm, she gave me a tumbler she owned. So it was a tumbler that was precious to me that I always carried around with me.
  • In terms of the document saying charges against my brother had been dropped, it was revealed with the evidence and citations erased. The lawyer thought without knowing who the plaintiff was, if evidence was revealed and there were any people considering pressing additional charges against me, they would be able to see the evidence beforehand, which would be disadvantageous for me. We revealed the document in order to show that police had acknowledged I was bullied and that DSP’s press release was different from the truth, but the lawyer omitted the evidence because they thought for people who are not familiar with these types of legal documents announcing police’s decision, the description of evidence and citations could cause another scandal. Additionally, the plaintiff is able to access the document announcing charges were dropped, so if they decide to do so, they can always reveal the document. The lawyer also took into consideration that this process would allow us to find out who the plaintiff is.
It's been a while since all this happened but it's still extremely difficult and burdensome for me to speak about it publicly. I was able to come this far because of the people that supported and thought of me and I think I'll be able to make it out in the future. I sincerely thank those who believed and supported me. Time has passed and autumn has already arrived. I hope these things [events] will be over soon so that I can greet you with happier news.

  1. [+1,241, -57] Since Lee Hyun-joo explained her side of things, Yang Ye-na and Lee Na-eun need to do the same about the bullying too.
  2. [+1,231, -59] Wow, there were so many comments asking her to explain but now that she did no one cares about her explanations. 
  3. [+1,165, -36] If April members are so confident, then they should reveal the text messages their parents sent to Hyunjoo who's the victimã…‹ã…‹
  4. [+733, -21] I decided to trust Lee Hyun-joo after seeing part-timers leave 500 comments a day on YouTube 
  5. [+504, -6] Ah, wasn't Na-eun the one that said the Ko Young Wook katalks were fake too..? She needs to come out and explain her side of things. 
  6. [+358, -8] Did Kim Chae-won's mother really say that with her own mouth? That Hyunjoo refused to show up for investigations? What was she thinking?
  7. [+309, -0] Things wouldn't have gotten into such a mess if fans didn't go on YouTube and leave hate comments cursing out both sides..
  8. [+301, -7] If they really believe she did nothing wrong, shouldn't they just trust her and wait?? Why are April fans going around writing everywhere? If they're so confident just trust and wait for the results from the trial.
  9. [+275, -23] To be honest, Hyunjoo is coming out more trustworthy in this..

Additional source: Pann

Virgo, Bingsu빙수, mint-chocolate ice cream, ramyun, tarts over cakes.