Netizens share disappointment over BLACKPINK Lisa's solo debut

Article: "Lisa's solo concept is disappointing..."

Source: Pann

I think a darker heavy concept like 'Love to Hate Me' would've fit her really well. The 'Lalisa love me!' part stuck to my ears but I can't remember any other parts. I feel like's Lisa's charisma hard carried the whole song. Rosé's MV had the dreamy vibe and Jennie's was the high teen concept. But I don't know, I just feel like with Lisa they just threw a bunch of things but none of it really fits together. 

I'd rather they would've chosen Cleopatra concept like in 'HYLT' with fluorescent lighting or go for a  Billie Eilish experimental concept. I wish they would've just stuck with one thing, it would've been great. If they would've gone with a city girl or tomboy concept like her Lilifilms (Lisa's YT channel) it would've been daebak! 

Personally, compared to Jennie and Rose, I think her solo concept is a bit disappointing..

  1. [+197, -10] If you just look at Lisa on her own, you can say its ok but when you compare it to Jennie and Rose's solo concepts...it seems to be a bit of a disappointment
  2. [+176, -11] Yes. Neither the music video or song stick to your ears...
  3. [+120, -20] Lisa is seriously perfect and daebak with everything so she would've fit any concept. Like you said, Jennie has always had this high teen vibe so they went with that while Rosé went for a cinematic mood. Still, it's too early to judge since both songs are hip hop and we have yet to see the dance video..
  4. [+76, -1] I just thought the MV was all over the place. They were trying to do so many concepts, it was crazy so I couldn't focus. I guess we'll just have to wait for her live stage...
  5. [+73, -1] It's a bit regrettable because Lisa has so much potential. I really wanted to see Lisa's charismatic and elegant hip hop but her title felt more like a B-side and the music video was all over the place so it was disappointing...
  6. [+45, -1] The dance in her title song wasn't strong enough but apparently her B-side Money has a powerful dance...f*ck can't wait. 
  7. [+44, -1] Usually when idols go solo, the reason they get bad reaction from the public is because the singer is lacking but it's the opposite with Lisa. She's so capable so it's really disappointing that her solo concept couldn't match that. This felt just like any other Blackpink song..
  8. [+35, -1] In my opinion, it's more like 6.5 out of 10...the MV was great but that's it..

admin

Virgo, Bingsu빙수, mint-chocolate ice cream, ramyun, tarts over cakes.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post