Jennie reveals she was "forced" to rap and says her "lazy dancing" scandal is due to harsh K-pop idol standards for "heels"

Article: Black Pink Jennie, coolly admits to criticisms about her 'lazy dancing'... "I keep getting hurt"

Source: Joongang Ilbo

Blackpink Jennie has admitted to her "lazy dancing" scandal.

On the 14th, Jennie appeared on British pop star Dua Lipa's podcast and confessed to difficulties wearing high heels during performances.

She stated, "I kept getting hurt during the performance. It was stressful. I kept saying, let's do it but then I would fall, and fall again. I think I let fans down because I didn't seem to be doing my best. I wanted to tell them I didn't know how to control my body. I've since learned to take care of my body after the pandemic. I wanted to be honest and let the fans know that I'm in the process of learning about myself."

"Dancing in high heels is difficult for me. Some people are good at wearing heels but my feet don't fit them. If you dance in heels when your feet are swollen your physical strength decreases. I've since opted for more comfortable shoes like boots with ankle support or low-heeled shoes."

When asked about 'Korean culture that she wanted everyone to be aware about' Jennie stated, "What I want to say about the idol industry is the work ethic we aim for. Everything is related to our job and how we spent our 6-year trainee days."

When asked 'how she maintained her identity and sense of self during her trainee days,' she stated, "It was a tough environment." Dua Lipa also commented, "it's like a survival of the fittest, similar to actors and musicians who attend auditions."

Jennie added, "I was forced to rap as a trainee because of my English so I'm suffering from burnout after debut. I burst into tears because I was overwhelmed with emotions after performing as headliner at Coachella. Unlike our Blackpink image, I'm a nerd who likes to learn new things. When I'm not working, I go to pottery class or learn French."

  1. [+1,872, -273] Is that an excuse that should be coming out the mouth of a professional?!
  2. [+951, -36] She's only coming out like this now because she has made all the money she needs. If this was her debut she'd be saying "I'm sorry... I'm sorry, I'll do my best and work harder.." 
  3. [+527, -119] Her acting gave me goosebumps.. even a passing dog on the streets would've done better.
  4. [+376, -11] She shouldn't be getting on stage if she's not ready to give it her all. Imagine if an opera singer went on stage and said, "I sang lazily because my voice wasn't warmed up.." or if a Taekwondo player said "I fought lazily because I was afraid of getting hurt." Her excuses don't make sense. This is more proof she's not a professional. She needs to act in a manner befitting her status as a top idol.
  5. [+314, -45] Ah, sounds like she made all the money she needs.. just retire then.
  6. [+203, -3] Department head: "Hey, Kim-ssi, there are rumors you're being lazy and not pulling your weight.. what do you think of that??" Assistant Manager Kim: "Yeah.. I agree. If I work hard I get tired and stressed out.." Department Head: ???
  7. [+175, -6] Then she should be wearing flats like Rosé?? Isn't she the one insisting on heels in the first place to make her legs look longer against Rosé or Lisa since she's quite short?
  8. [+175, -2] She's a gold spoon that has never had a single drop of water on her hands. She has only lived surrounded by luxury brands and thinks everyone is beneath her. How is she going to be considerate of her team members when her visual and character is so low level??
  9. [+122, -2] During their Australia leg of the tour, she left in the middle of a stage but still managed to go sightseeing all over Australia afterwards. I totally see why she's getting criticized for being lazy and not doing her part on stage. We all get criticized if we fail to do our jobs. 
  10. [+125, -6] This reminds me of GFriend who did hard choreo in the rain to the point they were falling on stage.. meanwhile top idols like Jennie from 'Big 3' agencies get to be lazy on stage and still maintain their popularity ㅠ.. wear sneakers on stage then if you can't give it your all on stage? What the heck is that excuse??! ㅉㅉ
  11. [+105, -3] You're getting paid to perform!! If you're going to come out with such bullsh** then f*ck off and retire!
  12. [+81, -5] Why the hell is she famous? I'm seriously curious..
  13. [+57, -4] Zero visuals, can't dance, can't sing, can't act, choding body.. it's time her bubble pops
  14. [+49, -4] Blackpink's image is seriously in the gutter now. They're not a group with hard choreo in the first place but Jisoo is awkward, Jennie is lazy, only Rosé and Lisa are giving their all on stage. If they decide to go their separate ways only Rosé who's good at singing will make it. Jennie is going to retire soon after she films more American dramas overseas. 
  15. [+23, -1] ㅋㅋㅋ what kind of excuse~! ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ she's had her fill.. 

admin

Virgo, Bingsu빙수, mint-chocolate ice cream, ramyun, tarts over cakes.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post