Park Yoochun receives court sentence for drug charges + apologizes to fans


Article: Park Yoochun receives 10 month suspended prison sentence for drug charges..

Source: Daily Sports

Park Yoochun has received a suspended 10-month prison sentence for drug charges.

On July 2nd, the singer attended his sentencing hearing at the Suwon District Court with several fans in attendance. But instead of the 1.5 yr prison sentence the prosecutors requested, the judge sentenced Yoochun to a 10-month prison sentence suspended for 2 years of probation and treatment. He was also fined 1.4 million won (~$1,200).

The judge explained his reasoning behind the reduced sentence saying, "because he confessed to his crimes and is showing signs of reflection as well as the fact that he's a first time offender, I decided to give him a suspended sentence.  But if he commits an offense during the 2 yr probation period he will receive a 10 month sentence."

On his way out from court, he said to the reporters, "I want to apologize again for causing concern. I will give back to society and reflect on my actions. I'm sorry."

When asked to say something to his fans, he began tearing up and said, "I'm sorry. I feel so sorry to the fans who supported me. I'm really sorry." 

When asked whether he plans to appeal the conviction he said, "I'm sorry for my actions. I will live diligently in reflection."

Yoochun was charged with purchasing 1.5 grams of Philopon on 3 occasions between February and March 2019 with his former girlfriend Hwang Hana and injecting the drug on 7 occasions. He confessed to the crimes and admitted he was guilty on all charges.



Additional source: (1)

admin

Virgo, Bingsu빙수, mint-chocolate ice cream, ramyun, tarts over cakes.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post