Goo Hye-Sun shares text messages that Ahn Jae-hyun is demanding a divorce + netizens react


ArticleVisual couple Goo Hye Sun and Ahn Jae-hyun, three years of marriage in crisis...husband: "I want a divorce"...agency: "confirming"

Source: OSEN

Goo Hye-Sun and Ahn Jae-hyun are about to divorce after 3 years of marriage.

Goo Hye Sun posted on her Instagram on the 18th stating, "My husband who is bored of the relationship wants to get divorced. I want to protect my family. I want to tell you in advance that the press release that my husband will release next week is not true at all."

She then shared another post with a caption that read, "My mother has received a shock and is not in good health. That's why I posted these words. I'm sorry." 

Attached to the post were text messages between her and her husband Ahn Jae-hyun that seem to show that they had both mutually agreed to divorce. In the messages shared, Ahn Jae Hyun (AJH) speaks to Goo Hye Sun (GHS) in formal speech while she replies informally (banmal). 

Their conversation is as follows:
Snippet of text messages revealed by Goo Hye Sun on Instagram on the 18th about Ahn Jae Hyun wanting a divorce.

AJH: "I already told the "New Journey to the West (NJTTW)" staff the other day that I'll be releasing the agreement [divorce agreement] and the press statement you gave me 3 days ago, next week. We're currently discussing it with everyone [staff]."

GHS: No, not next week. Let's wait and see how my mom is doing. 

GHS: To me, NJTTW isn't more important than my mom's health.

AJH: We've already come to an agreement. All that is left is to complete the paperwork. It's meaningless meeting now. Let's just move forward like we planned and I'll meet with your mother separately. 

AJH: I've called her by phone.

GHS: I heard that you made plans with her to meet. Let me know when you meet with her. 

GHS: Just like how you persuaded her to get married, take responsibility and persuade her about the divorce. Doing the paperwork isn't hard. 

Part of the next message after that is cut-off and only the final lines can be seen.

AJH: ....I don't think it'll be easy to sort this out. It'll be overwhelming for your mother, it's overwhelming for me too. Let's just go ahead with everything like we planned. I'll meet with her another time. 

GHS: So is work more important than my mom?

GHS: Why are you talking to me like this?

AJH: I'll just talk to her over the phone.

AJH: I don't know what to say to her in person.

GHS: But you still should take responsibility for this. If you keep acting like a jerk, I won't just stand by and watch. 

GHS: Meet her in person and apologize..apologize for why you weren't able to keep the promises you made during our marriage.

GHS: Why do you keep acting like work is more important. If you say work is more important than my mom then I really won't be able to hold back.

She has since then deleted the original posts with the text messages. There are 2 other posts with a picture of her mom and young brother as well as a selfie.
Goo Hye Sun's post with her mother and younger brother
When asked about the news, Goo Hye Sun and Ahn Jae-hyun's agency HB Entertainment told OSEN on the 18th that "they're currently confirming it."

Goo Hye Sun and Ahn Jae-hyun met as lovers on KBS drama "Blood" in 2015 and married in 2016. Many are shocked that the couple is calling it quits after 3 years of marriage.



  1. [+5,158, -242] Why get married if being in a rut is all it takes to end a marriage after 3 years. If so, every married couple in Korea would've been divorced by now...talk about irresponsible. 
  2. [+3,785, -233] Wow ㅋ ㅋ ㅋ ㅋ ㅋ Is it wrong of her to ask him for that? If he's trying to break up with her like this the least he can do is speak to her parents? Why is he insisting on only talking on the phone? Why is everyone blaming Goo Hye Sun? It's not her fault. 
  3. [+3,547, -126] Remember how Song Hye Kyo also kept quiet with the rumors going on about her? ㅋ ㅋ ㅋ It's clear that Ahn Jae Hyun used her to get fame. It's so obvious. How hard it must've been for her to try and keep her head above water.
  4. [+3,267, -1,583] Let's stay neutral and wait. We don't know both sides of the story yet. 
  5. [+2,933, -1,307] Only couples know their marital problems. Solve it between yourselves. Don't plead to other people. It seems like they mutually agreed to the divorce so I'm wondering whether her releasing the text messages on her own like this is just a way for her to protect her family?
  6. [+1,119, -13] I think Goo Hye-sun is just worried that her mom's health is so bad that she might not be able to handle the news so she's asking him to just wait? Ahn Jae Hyun is the one pushing to file the paperwork so that he can do whatever he wants.
  7. [+1,060, -109] Was Ahn Jae-hyun famous before marriage? Are we sure he didn't just marry Goo Hye Sun for fame? Just like how in the old days Kim Seung-woo married Lee Mi-yeon?
  8. [+946, -95] Goo Hye Sun's image was so innocent before marriage...aigoo~

Additional source: Star News
admin

Virgo, Bingsu빙수, mint-chocolate ice cream, ramyun, tarts over cakes.

Previous Post Next Post