Gong Hyo Jin under fire for retort to fan uploading past drama clips


Article: Gong Hyo-jin apologizes after controversy, "Don't misunderstand," → Fan account owner, "I understand, sorry for the big scar"

Source: Sports Chosun

Actress Gong Hyo Jin is under controversy for her reply to a fan.

Gong Hyo Jin left a comment for one of her fans asking her to stop uploading clips of her previous drama "Song Doo! Let's Go to School" on Instagram. Her comment read, "Please, can you stop bringing back my old dramas? Please, I beg you."



The fan responded to the comment and said,  "Yes, actress Gong. I'll do that. Thank you."

A screenshot of Gong Hyo Jin's comment began circulating in online communities and netizens criticized her attitude, pointing out that "asking a fan to stop uploading clips of her past dramas is just rude especially because she was a long-time fan of her works."

Due to ongoing controversy, Gong Hyo Jin addressed the situation on the 23rd with an audio clip of Solid's track "Don't be mad anymore" and wrote, "I didn't leave the comment because of that. I'm sorry to the account owner and to the people who got hurt. Every project I work on and every person who likes those projects is a precious person to me. I'm just shy because of my lack of skills back then. I hope there are no misunderstandings. Don't be mad anymore, please."

The account owner also replied to Gong Hyo Jin's apology stating, "To my loving actress Gong, first off, I want to say I'm so sorry. You got into trouble because I blew things out of proportion. I'm sorry for the big scar. I understood the comment you sent me without misunderstanding and thought of better ways to show my support in the future. I stopped posting on my account so that I wouldn't cause bigger misunderstandings. I'm a long time fan and will sincerely keep cheering you on for another grand prize on your 40th debut anniversary in 20 years. I'm sorry for causing controversy. Thank you for reading my long comment."
  1. [+11,862, -121] I can tell this fan has good personality from the reply to her..
  2. [+8,566, -1,435] So she's not going to apologize for her rash comment? This is pissing me off even more..
  3. [+6,911, -833] At least she's sorry and released an official apology
  4. [+3,214, -221] But there are people that became her fan after the fan uploaded her past works. It would've been better if she had told the fan from the get go that it was because she was embarrassed about her lacking skills. I hope she will mature from this and show her growth and depth with her acting instead.
  5. [+2,731, -13] Fans seem more mature that actors
  6. [+1,894, -20] I feel really sorry for this fan..I would've been so pissed ㅋㅋ ㅋㅋㅋ
  7. [+1,385, -32] When celebrities do things like this just can't help but think that they see themselves as kings.. so thoughtless
  8. [+1,114, -48] I won't be able to look at her works the same way...
  9. [+989, -6] I can tell from the reply that this fan is just pretending to be ok because he doesn't want to admit he's embarrassed to have liked someone like her..
  10. [+934, -8] What kind of celebrity would censor her own fans from uploaded clips of her works? Whether the request was given politely or not...still doesn't make any sense!
  11. [+928, -9] This fan seems like a really good person..
  12. [+833, -8] I'm so angry..don't think that just because you apologized its ok now..

admin

Virgo, Bingsu빙수, mint-chocolate ice cream, ramyun, tarts over cakes.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post