Actor Ha Jung-woo admits to illegally injecting Propofol and promises "deep reflection"

Article: Ha Jung-woo admits to illegally injecting Propofol, "Very regretful, will deeply reflect"

Source: Newsis

Actor Ha Jung-woo has admitted to his Propofol charges in court.

On the 10th, Judge Seol-ah of Seoul Central District Court held a trial for the actor's Propofol charges. The actor appeared in court wearing a black suit and tie and glasses and when a reporter asked how he felt about the trial he stated, "I'm very sorry for causing concern. I'll faithfully participate in the trial."

His lawyer stated in court, "Ha Jung-woo admits to all charges. However, the propofol was used for medical procedures and administered by medical personnel. He agrees to all the evidence." 

Prosecutors demanded a 10 million won fine for the actor stating, "He has no history of committing a similar crime and has admitted to all charges of administering Propofol."

Ha Jung-woo revealed in final statement, "I'm very regretful and will deeply reflect on my carelessness and how I came to this position. I'm ashamed but I want to promise in front of the judge that I will become a healthy actor that contributes to society. I will live more carefully so as not to repeat this mistake. I ask for your mercy so that I can make up for my mistakes and pay off my debts."

His lawyers then stated that Ha Jung-woo has "skin problems" and because "his skin condition was not good due to special make-up, he received the treatments as this was essential for work. Rather than punishing him harshly for this, I hope you can give him one last chance to live with a grateful heart and give back to society. "

After the trial, Ha Jung-woo told reporters, "The trial went well. I'll be cautious in the future."

When asked about hiring 10 lawyers, he replied, "This is something I'll have to tell you later but it was for no special reason," and exited the court. 

His sentencing hearing is scheduled for September 14th at 1:50pm. 

  1. [+1,610, -64] He's deeply regretful but hired 10 lawyers..
  2. [+494, -16] Looks like the evidence was too overwhelming so he decided to hire 10 lawyers
  3. [+641, -12] Live healthily only thinking about your dongsaeng who'll be born in the future
  4. [+166, -6] I knew this would be the verdict once he rounded up 4 major  law firms
  5. [+57, -1] He probably couldn't sleep after he realized he'll be a hyung at 40 years old 
  6. [+49, -5] I wouldn't be able to stand it either and inject drugs if my father got a woman 39 years younger than him pregnant...
  7. [+43, -5] "Healthy actor?" So he's pushing forward with acting schedules even after this..?
  8. [+36, -2] A 10 million won fine? That's barely the insurance bill.. 
Additional source: SBS

admin

Virgo, Bingsu빙수, mint-chocolate ice cream, ramyun, tarts over cakes.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post