GFriend's last V-live raises further suspicions over group's sudden disbandment

watch_later

Article: "I think something definitely happened with GFriend's disbandment"

Source: Pann

"Our profession is one that doesn't allow us to tell you everything freely. It's frustrating so I can't imagine how how it is for fans. I'm grateful that you've always looked at us with the same mind..." 

- GFriend

This is what Sowon said. It's at the end of the video. Listen to it. 

This is why Eunha cried while watching the concert video on V-app right before disbandment. It hurts so much every time I see it. 

  1. [+161, -4] I'm seriously curious why the disbandment was so sudden...
  2. [+154, -28] It's clear HYBE chose to only keep Source staff and kicked out the members... they basically acquired a successful group and disbanded them. Let's hope VIVIZ does well. 
  3. [+127, -10] VIVIZ sold out season greetings and Yuju's sales for first week hit 20k. VIVIZ hit 40k even though their album was on expensive side. Even with overlapped schedules, they did so well. They would've hit a career high if they released full group album.
  4. [+92, -2] It was so sad seeing Umji say she hopes VIVIZ becomes a group no one can touch.
  5. [+74, -5] I wasn't a GFriend fan but it's the first group disbandment that really shocked me. I'm still in shock. 
  6. [+61, -4] I honestly think the agency threw them away. I wouldn't be surprised if members themselves weren't notified either. 
  7. [+52, -7] You can really see HYBE's incompetence if you look at VIVIZ. They're so bad with planning and seeing how they handled GFriend's disbandment process, they're a mess. 
  8. [+46, -4] GFriend was seriously a wall at the time too. I'm getting pissed off all over again seeing this. 
  9. [+38, -2] They were a group that everyone thought was definitely going to renew. Anyway, they're all doing well now so I'm not even mad anymore. I'm just curious why it happened. 
  10. [+31, -2] Even if they couldn't renew their contract, their disbandment was too rushed. The only 3rd gen group everyone thought without question was going to renew announced disbandment literally days before. They didn't even get to release a final song or online concert...that's what really shocking. 

Virgo, Bingsu빙수, mint-chocolate ice cream, ramyun, tarts over cakes.