Noel sentenced to probation for switching drivers after drunk driving accident


Source: Newsen

Representative Jang Je Won's son Jang Yong Joon (Noel, 20) has been sentenced to probation.

On June 2, the Seoul Western District Court held a sentencing hearing for Noel who was indicted on charges of violating the Act on the Aggravated Punishment of Specific Crimes (dangerous driving), violating the Road Traffic Act (driving while drunk), violating the Criminal Evacuation Rules (switching drivers) and Special Act on the Prevention of Insurance Fraud. 

The court sentenced him to one and half years in prison suspended for two years probation. 

Noel crashed into a motorcycle while driving drunk on a road in Mapo-gu, Seoul around 2am on September 7th last year. According to police sobriety test, his blood alcohol level at the time of the accident was over the limit leading his license being revoked. 

The day after the accident, Noel stated on social media, "I'm really sorry there's no excuse. I will live with the guilt in my heart for the rest of my life so that this will not happen again." 

In his final argument, Noel stated in court, "I did something I shouldn't have done. I've hurt the victim and I'm very regretful. I'm reflecting on myself and will live according to the law going forward. I'm sorry to all the victims."

You can read more about this case here and here

Knight image
  1. [+5,054, -41] Jang Je Won - "If can't handle your family, you're not qualified to be a public official"ㅋ
  2. [+4,762, -26] He didn't just drive drunk, he switched out the drivers tooㄷㄷㄷ
  3. [+4,386, -47] I knew he'd get a suspended sentence. Anyone who knows this judge would've predicted it. 
  4. [+220, -0] Wow... didn't he drive drunk and hit someone? Even stole black box evidence. Changed drivers and ran away? 
  5. [+200, -0] Why didn't his father resign after he switched drivers??
  6. [+186, -7] He's truly his father's son. Cho Kuk's son's PC, cell phone, everything got seized and searched after he got caught giving bribes. Is it still baekje period in Korea? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
  7. [+180, -0] Our justice system is rotten to the core
  8. [+87, -0] That's it??

admin

Virgo, Bingsu빙수, mint-chocolate ice cream, ramyun, tarts over cakes.

Previous Post Next Post