Actress Han So-hee breaks her silence and reveals her estranged mother borrowed money under her name


Source: Chosun Ilbo

Han So-hee has addressed rumors of her mother's debt controversy.

The actress shared a post on her blog under her real name Lee So-hee and revealed that she had paid off all her mother's debts out of filial piety.

She wrote, "Hello, this is Lee So-hee. First I don't dare to presume to understand but I would like to express my deepest apologies to the victims who have written the post feeling like they're at the edge of a cliff. I think you are in a situation where no words will comfort you. Also, I would like to express my sincere apologies to all of you who may have been uncomfortable or hurt through this. I'm really sorry. I hope to avoid creating more victims and will try to write this with my real thoughts.

At the age of 5, my parents divorced and I was raised by my grandmother. Even after I transferred to Ulsan during high school and lived where my mother was, I stayed with my grandmother the whole time. After graduating, I went to Seoul and entered this path. Since I hadn't been back with my mother, I learned about her debts when I was 20. Because I lived with my grandmother, I became my grandmother's daughter but since I was my mother's child I repaid her debts out of filial piety from when I first met her to when I debut. 

After my debut, I contacted debtors and found out my mother was borrowing money using my name and activities as a shield and didn't reimburse back the money. The debt was incredibly large. I'm sorry that there were more victims due to my failure so the only solution I could think off was to pay off her debts with my young and inexperienced judgment. 

I would like to apologize again to the victims and everyone who may have been hurt through this."

Meanwhile, netizen A revealed on a Pann post that she was scammed out of 13 billion won "gye"  investment by Han So-hee's mother who cut off all contact and refused to pay back the money.

  1. [+4,273, -28] There are a lot of families around us that divorce when the kids are very young and are estranged from their children. Honestly, it's not Han So-hee's fault. 
  2. [+2,693, -24] Not all parents are good parents and not all children are good children. This reminds me of Jang Yoon Jung. Their mother-daughter relationship is completely over. This is a totally different story from Microdots. Han So-hee's childhood wasn't a good one either but she endured through all those difficulties. I will support you as a fan from now on. I hope it works out. 
  3. [+1,709, -18] I can't believe she had to repay her parent's debt at such a young age. How unfortunate. I hope you're successful and live happily from now on. 
  4. [+1,423, -15] Parents that leech off their children after abandoning them are so pathetic
  5. [+824, -25] So hee-ah, find strength!
  6. [+345, -10] That debt collector made a mistake in her calculation by going public with this. With this opportunity, Han So-hee has been freed from the abyss. They tried to play her for a fool but she had already paid off her estranged mother's debts. Now the public knows what's going on and how unfair it was for her...she no longer has anything to lose. 
  7. [+335, -7] Han So-hee always said "my grandmother was my everything". I've always wondered what happened there but this was it. It must've been a hard time but I hope there are only happy things going forward ..ㅠ
  8. [+299, -6] Nowadays you often see popular female celebrities end up in difficult relationships or marriages because they have low self-esteem due to their family history. So Hee-ah, please don't do that. You're a shining actress in your own right. 
  9. [+184, -4] So Hee-ssi, it's not your fault at all. You didn't have to pay them back. It's refreshing to see someone so honest and nice. I hope your career flourishes. 
  10. [+76, -7] Shouldn't she be filing a defamation suit against her? Han So-hee had nothing to do with her mother's debts at all. 
What do you think of the controversy?

admin

Virgo, Bingsu빙수, mint-chocolate ice cream, ramyun, tarts over cakes.

Previous Post Next Post